Housing conditions survey
In October Statistics Norway (SSB) conducts the annual survey on dwelling rental prices. The aim of the survey is to map the rental prices for different types of rented dwellings in Norway. 37 000 dwellings have been sampled for the survey.
To compile statistics of high quality, we need answers to questions about:
- size and quality of the dwellings;
- which type of dwellings that are rented;
- length of the rental contracts; and
- what the rent is for different types of Dwellings.
How do you answer?
If your dwelling is selected to participate, you will get an e-mail and an SMS from SSB with an invitation to participate. You can answer the survey by using the link you have received in the e-mail or SMS. You can also answer by clicking the button ‘Electronic reporting’ on top of this page. Log in with username and password that you find in the e-mail you have received. You can choose to answer in Norwegian or English. It takes approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey.
If you do not rent the dwelling, have moved from the address or do not predispose the dwelling yourself, you only need to answer a few questions.
Your answers are valuable
To get an accurate picture of the rental prices for different types of rented dwellings in different parts of the country, it is very important that everyone participates. We cannot get information from another dwelling if you do not participate. The sample has been drawn to represent the Norwegian rental market.
The sample mainly consists of rented dwellings, but a complete register over rented dwellings in Norway do not exist, so it is possible that the sample also include some dwellings that are owned or predisposed in other ways. We want everyone to participate, regardless of whether you own the dwelling, rent or predispose the dwelling in other ways.
We protect your privacy
- Everyone working in Statistics Norway will treat your information confidentially.
- You can contact Statistics Norway at any time to withdraw and require your answers to be corrected or deleted, or to request access to the information.
- The survey is carried out in accordance with the Statistics Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have further questions about GDPR, you can visit our site www.ssb.no/en/omssb/personvern, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- All data will be anonymized within four years after the last interview is conducted.
To make the survey shorter, we will collect information about you and your household from registers that SSB has access to. In addition to information from the National Registry, we collect information about education from school owners and the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, information about income, wealth, medical absence, social securities and benefits from the Norwegian Tax Administration and NAV. Within one year after the final interview, your name will be deleted from the data material.
A small sample of those answering the survey will be contacted every month from November this year to October next year for a short web survey about changes in the rent. To measure monthly changes in the dwelling, we need answers every month.
If you want to know more, see https://www.ssb.no/en/priser-og-prisindekser/statistikker/lmu